Thursday, October 31, 2002

Happy Halloween!

Random thoughts on a cold Thursday morning...

I want a Beauty and the Beast story where the beast is a woman and the beauty is a man.

Maybe pumpkin carving just isn't a solitary thing. I DID buy a pumpkin this year, but it didn't get carved. Going over to Boo's house tonight to pass out candy while he and Ruby take the girls out for trick-or-treating.

Is anyone else having trouble with dark coming so early now? It seems like my eyes can't adjust, which is silly. During the summer, driving home from the theater it would be dark, and not a problem. But at 6:00 p.m., right after work, I seem to get dizzy from the dark. Oh hush, Jeeem, I know I'm always sort of dizzy. Mebbe I'm just on ye olde 'puter too much.

I'm geeked about the NaNoWriMo project. Fifty thousand words in 30 days. That would be an average of 1667 words a day. I'm setting a goal of 2000 words a day, which will give me five days to goof off. Planning on three hours a day (which includes breaks) to do it. At first I thought I didn't have the time, then I realized...I usually sleepwalk through November anyway. (All that gray.) So the focus will be good. I'm doing it just for the experience of getting words down, but I know a lot of you are REAL writers...anyone up for the challenge?